Monday, April 29, 2013

Study Abroad Bucket List

I definitely stole this idea from my friend Catherine, but it's a great idea so I am going to use it! Here is a list of goals/accomplishments I am going to try to accomplish while in Indonesia!

  1. Learn fluent Indonesian (I can say basic greetings now!)
  2. Visit Borobudur (world famous temple)
  3. Bargain my way into paying non-bule prices at a market (bule is a term Indonesians use for white people/foreigners)
  4. Volunteer somewhere 
  5. Get really good at badminton (apparently its super popular there!)
  6. Go to Bali
  7. Take public transportation by myself
  8. Wear a hijab
  9. Go to a wedding or important religious ceremony
  10. Go to a mosque
  11. Take tons of pictures
  12. Learn a new sport
  13. Reinvent my wardrobe
  14. Go to a national park 
  15. Keep in touch with Catherine and Allie by letters :)
  16. Keep in touch with my family and friends in Wisconsin
  17. Update my blog atleast once or twice a month
  18. Not waste a second of my time here
  19. Run a lot
  20. Get to know my way around the city well
  21. Learn some Javanese or Sudanese (regional dialects)

No comments:

Post a Comment